Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiger Woods

2 posters

Go down

Tiger Woods Empty Tiger Woods

Post by SamC211 Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:24 pm

It's amazing that all over every news station and every medium, the top story has been the scandal of Tiger Woods and his alleged 12 mistresses. This was the last count I heard of on Extra or E! news, some celebrity ridden "news" show. It is amazing how most people are completely captivated by the story of an amazing athlete with a new family who is crumbling before the eyes of the media and is trying to remain as low-key as possible has his reputation shattered by affairs that may or may not have happened. The more women that pop within this story, the more the story seems (to me) invalid.
America loves to make a star whether it be an athlete, movie star, musician, etc. and then seemingly want to break them down to nothing have their credibility shattered. We have seen this countless times with stars like Linsday Lohan, Miley Cyrus, Jon and Kate...not saying that these people don't ruin their own reputations with their actions but that we and the media feeds of a negative story and pastes it on every tv show, magazine cover, and celebrity blog site then on top of it add to the story with disgusting rumors that they try to make true. Unfortunatley, the stars feed off of it too but in this case Tiger Woods has not made any real appearances, like the other people I spoke about, and take the in the spotlight by these negative stories. This truely is a flaw in our culture or society.

SamC211

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Back to top Go down

Tiger Woods Empty Re: Tiger Woods

Post by Ashley Bell Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:36 am

I absolutely agree. As a culture, it seems we get a kick in watching people fall down from the top of the ladder. Someone as clean cut as Tiger Woods falling down, is more of a victory then someone like Kanye. Personally, I believe that it is none of our business to know each and every whore's name he did or did not sleep with, that claims to have had an affair. Everyone has made some mistake in their lifetime and it's not fair that his personal sins must be broadcasted just because he his famous. Often times, public scrutiny such as this leads to chronic depression, heart attacks, overdosing and even suicide. It's bad enough he's disappointed his family, but to hear this shoved down his throat everyday on every news channel is sickening. I feel bad for him.

Ashley Bell

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-12-10

Back to top Go down