Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

On the emergence & popularity of FAIL-based humor

3 posters

Go down

On the emergence & popularity of FAIL-based humor Empty On the emergence & popularity of FAIL-based humor

Post by christopher_riley Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:50 pm

How many of you guys frequent the FAILblog and sites like it? (One of my new favorites is probablybadnews.com)

When I catch up on one of these, it frequently induces the sort of uncontrollable laughter that makes me feel like I'm getting strange looks from my neighbors in the library; occasionally makes my day; and always gives me one thing or another to bring up in later conversation: "Did you see (insert funny picture or video)???"

I started thinking about how these sites sort of came into existence, and I came to the conclusion that this sort of humor has been around in one form or another throughout modern and post-modern cultural history -- but, with the advent of public forums such as these websites which specifically traffic in this brand of humor, what might, in decades past, have remained an in-joke -- or a story told amongst the few who came across the source of humor in real life -- has the potential to be widely disseminated or even to become an internet meme...
christopher_riley
christopher_riley

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://myspace.com/youngsquireriley

Back to top Go down

On the emergence & popularity of FAIL-based humor Empty Re: On the emergence & popularity of FAIL-based humor

Post by ChrisJNelson Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:13 am

LOVE failblog. The internet has definitely opened us up to the world of the daily hilarity people encounter but never had a vehicle for sharing before.
ChrisJNelson
ChrisJNelson

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/

Back to top Go down

On the emergence & popularity of FAIL-based humor Empty Failblogs

Post by aatwell3 Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:01 pm

I think the failblogs are cool but I prefer my internet humor in the form of fmylife.com or textsfromlastnight.com..... Generic Smile
aatwell3
aatwell3

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

On the emergence & popularity of FAIL-based humor Empty Re: On the emergence & popularity of FAIL-based humor

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum