Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONLINE HOMEWORK AND SUCH

+3
incognito
ChrisJNelson
dmanrique
7 posters

Go down

ONLINE HOMEWORK AND SUCH Empty ONLINE HOMEWORK AND SUCH

Post by dmanrique Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Soooo, this may seem far fetched but has anyone noticed that doing homework, quizzes, assingments and tests online has become part of our popular culture!? IT HAS!! Everything for school is online, through blackborad, ulearn, statsportal, wiley etc etc... What happeend to the days when we turned in our homework in college ruled wide lined paper? When we used pencils and pens? I miss it. And it upsets me since everytime I'm doing hoemwork online, the internet fails and I get a zero... and whta does my professor say to me "I dont care, your fault!"... I miss the olden days....
thoughts?
dmanrique
dmanrique

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

ONLINE HOMEWORK AND SUCH Empty Re: ONLINE HOMEWORK AND SUCH

Post by ChrisJNelson Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:10 am

I don't mind it, I embrace the technology. I can't even write two sentences by hand in a row without my hand aching at this point.
ChrisJNelson
ChrisJNelson

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by incognito Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:57 am

I don't mind online homework when it's plain multiple choice or discussion, like this class. But it ticks me the hell off for stuff like math, where it takes forever to type in the equations. There's embracing technology and then there's just plain laziness.

incognito

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by samanthaschaitberger Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:04 pm

I like homework online for it's convience but I think it's odd that colleges, teachers, high schools, etc assume that everyone has access to a computer and internet all of the time. And it's frustrating how they blame you when the internet doesn't work. This is an inherent problem with technology- it's not perfect and doesn't always work. I read a study that showed 1/3 of Americans don't have internet access. Thats a LOT of people. If you have to go to the library for every assignment (papers, quizzes, general homework, research), you might as well get a cot and freaking move in. It's sort of nuts. But this is certainly the wave of the future even for public schools. (Which on a small tangent, public school is still not free. Have you noticed that? Hope pays my tutition but not all those extra fees and 150 dollars for all of my books? WHAT A JOKE!) Anyway, technology is here to stay for sure and it has its pros and cons. I have online homework for basically all of my classes now and I don't see that changing any time soon!
samanthaschaitberger
samanthaschaitberger

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-08

http://www.myspace.com/feellikefame

Back to top Go down

Post by aatwell3 Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:59 pm

I think that online work has it's up and downs. On one hand, it's really convenient to just pull out my computer and do my work. On the other hand, there's always the lingering possibility of a suckish internet signal, computer going dead, uLearn eff ups and etc. I'm straddling the fence.
aatwell3
aatwell3

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by eastsidesunrise Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:53 am

It takes all the responsibility from the professors, they can't lose papers, you can't turn work in late, and you are responsible for your own computer and internet accessibility. We've become quite a lazy society.
eastsidesunrise
eastsidesunrise

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://www.myspace.com/vanillaferret

Back to top Go down

Post by jkdougan Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:36 pm

I completely agree with everyone! Internet-based schoolwork has its maaaajor ups and downs!

Two recent experiences I've had with school and the internet:
1. Just last week, I lost my internet connection 15 minutes before a major paper was due, and of course I hadn't submitted it yet. So I got the internet back on and uploaded my paper at 12:02...my professor didn't give me a 0, but she did take 15 points off my grade for it being late (even if it was only 2 minutes!), which brought my grade down to a C. I was absolutely disgusted! Ack

2. I also really appreciate the fact that professors let us use the internet for assignments. In the past two weeks I missed 5 days of classes because I was at home sick with a virus and really couldn't come to school. I had 2 papers and a take-home exam due in those 5 days, and my professors let me email the papers/exam to them, that would have otherwise been extremely late. Generic Smile

jkdougan

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum