Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood and Brains

4 posters

Go down

Blood and Brains Empty Blood and Brains

Post by eastsidesunrise Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:28 am

I've noticed that lately there has been a massive interest in Zombie and Vampire tv shows, movies, and really just everything. I wanted to know everyone's thoughts on this?
eastsidesunrise
eastsidesunrise

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://www.myspace.com/vanillaferret

Back to top Go down

Blood and Brains Empty Re: Blood and Brains

Post by jkdougan Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:46 am

I've noticed the same thing. I'm not really into zombies and vampires, which is really disappointing because I'm searching for something to fill the void left by Harry Potter, and I can't bring myself to read the Twilight series and the like.

p.s. I saw Zombieland this weekend...my friends had to drag me (kicking and screaming) to see it, because I really despise zombie flicks (I wanted to gorge my eyes out after Sean of the Dead), but I really enjoyed it! It was HILARIOUS!!

jkdougan

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by incognito Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:28 pm

I think the Vampire craze is somewhat superficial. I know True Blood and Twilight are popular, but I feel that many are trying to cash in on the Twilight fad, which is a bit silly because I don't think Twilight is successful because of the vampire aspect of the stories. JMO, though.

incognito

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by samanthaschaitberger Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:07 pm

haha as i was reading this my roommate and i were watching an ad for "The Vampires Assistant" (some new movie) and he said, "2009: the year of the vampire". so accurate. Vampires and monsters in general have always played a role in horror films but since Twilight, it's certainly become way more mainstream. Tons of vampire shows on TV right now and every other film is vampire themed (or so it seems). I think that it's just another trend, much like how romantic comedies were all the rage circa 1999-2002ish with movies like She's All That and 10 Things I Hate About You. I think every few years Hollywood (film and TV) find something that sells and go with it until consumers get bored and want something else. It'll die down eventually... I HOPE at least. I can't take any more vampire shows!
samanthaschaitberger
samanthaschaitberger

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-08

http://www.myspace.com/feellikefame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum