Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Moon Most Successful Opening Ever

4 posters

Go down

New Moon Most Successful Opening Ever Empty New Moon Most Successful Opening Ever

Post by incognito Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:42 am

The reign of The Dark Knight is over: The Twilight Saga: New Moon is now officially the movie with the most successful opening day of all time, easily beating Batman's 2008 record. But what about the opening weekend total?

The movie's final opening day gross was $72.7 million, which included a second record of $26.3 million for the movie's 12:01 Friday showings alone. The Friday take not only sailed past the Dark Knight's previous record of $67.2 million, but was more than double the original Twilight's debut of $36 million.

Did anyone see it? What did you think? I love Roger Ebert's review.

http://io9.com/5410019/cinema-is-doomed-new-moon-most-successful-opening-ever

incognito

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-12

Back to top Go down

New Moon Most Successful Opening Ever Empty Re: New Moon Most Successful Opening Ever

Post by Seagreen Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:21 pm

It was pretty bad. I will admit New Moon was my least favorite book but I thought I would get some enjoyment out of the film for the special effects. Despite some moments I thought were visually cool it pretty much left me cold. No pun intended.

Last edited by Seagreen on Fri May 07, 2010 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Seagreen

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

New Moon Most Successful Opening Ever Empty Re: New Moon Most Successful Opening Ever

Post by Remi Studer Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:02 pm

It is pretty sad to see that those type of movies are the most successful.

Remi Studer

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by SamC211 Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 pm

I have not seen twilight, read twilight and I don't care about twilight. I went to go see Pirate Radio a day or two after twilight came out and to my surprise saw a table set up with twilight merchandise in the theater. I don't think I've ever seen that before in a theater. I guess whatever will make the tweens drop their cash works.

SamC211

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-12-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down