Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lenny Flip

3 posters

Go down

Lenny Flip Empty Lenny Flip

Post by bdavidow1 Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:53 am

I rarely watch t.v. However, I just noticed that Lenny Kravitz is on the Flip Video Commercial. He has a 3 second clip of him brushing his teeth which is probably the most publicity he has gotten since Chappelle mentioned him in the "race draft." Fail.
I'm not sure how I feel about musicians who whore themselves out to mass media commercials. In some instances I can understand their want to make some cash. However, there seems to be some kind of a lack of integrity by associating oneself with commercial endeavors. It is unclear whether or not its a sign of success or selling-out or both. Too harsh?
bdavidow1
bdavidow1

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

Lenny Flip Empty Re: Lenny Flip

Post by Monica8 Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:16 pm

It does seem like selling out, doesn't it? Although I don't seem to mind a great song in a decent commercial (as compared to Lenny brushing his teeth). Of course, if you're Weezer, you can do just about anything and look completely ridiculous, but somehow still strangely cool. (see Weezer Snuggie entry)

Monica8

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Remi Studer Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:42 pm

I think it is both, because musicians who are in commercials are most of the time well known, but I don't see why Lenny Kravitz would do that except for the money. For Weezer it's different because I think that they made the video themselves, and won't get money from it or few, and plus it's really funny.

Remi Studer

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum