Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

zhu zhu pets

3 posters

Go down

zhu zhu pets Empty zhu zhu pets

Post by morgannelee Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Every couple of years at Christmas time there is that toy that everyone has to have. In the 80s, it was Cabbage Patch Kids, late 90s, Tickle Me Elmo. This year, it is Zhu Zhu Pets. It is impossible to find these things anywhere, and they are selling on the internet for almost $100 (when their retail value is about $8). At the toy store I work at we get at least six or seven calls a day to see if we have them, but we can't get them until February! Places like Wal-Mart and Toys R Us have waiting lists of hundreds of people they have to call when they get them in. Here's the craziest part- these little things are fake hamsters! They're motorized and scurry around and make strange noises. You can get all the same accessories you buy for hamsters too, such as hamster balls, tubes, and treadmills. Here's a link to their add.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnjfSpWEcik&feature=related
morgannelee
morgannelee

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

zhu zhu pets Empty Re: zhu zhu pets

Post by jkdougan Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:10 am

Don't forget Furbies!!

But these Zhu Zhu Pets are actually really hazardous. They contain the metal antimony, which is really toxic. If kids put the toys in their mouth or touch the toy then touch their mouths it can potentially make them very sick. Ingesting too much antimony can actually cause cancer. The company says these toys have been cleared to be sold in the U.S., but this still concerns me, as well as many other consumers. Needless to say, my kids wouldn't be getting this toy.

http://www.zhuzhupets.com/

jkdougan

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Bell Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:02 am

I heard about these toys being sold for ridiculous prices on Ebay....crazy!
Well thanks for writing about the antimony issue...I guess I will not be getting my nieces this afterall...
Furthermore, I definitely remember when furbies and gigapets were out. Everyone had a gigapet... I had to have atleast 5...Where are they now...wo knows?

Ashley Bell

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum