Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is That a Piercing?

+2
ChrisJNelson
eastsidesunrise
6 posters

Go down

Is That a Piercing? Empty Is That a Piercing?

Post by eastsidesunrise Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:01 pm

Dermal anchor piercings are more common than people may want to think these days. And now thanks to Monica (the R&B singer) it has now ventured to an even wider audience since she debuted hers at the BET Awards this year, and has even ignorantly coined them as "eye diamonds."

What is a dermal anchor piercing? It is basically putting in a "one-way" piece of jewelry (the anchor) into the skin by creating a pocket with a needle or a dermal punch. Here's a picure of what it looks like under the skin and how big the jewelry is...

http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/098/b/3/Info_Dermal_Anchor_by_2Face_Tattoo.jpg

It is not an implant, and you can have them removed easily enough by a piercer. I have a dermal anchor in my sternum, and I frequently get stares and the question of if it is actually a piercing or just something I stuck onto my chest. Many of my friends have them on their collars, behind the ears, and on their faces. You may ask what the appeal of a dermal anchor piercing would be, and it is that they have a low rejection rate (meaning they won't push out of the skin like a surface piercing is likely to do) and you can virtually get one anywhere on your body. People even get them to compliment their tattoos or maybe to look like a vampire bite on their necks.

So, you can now say hello to the new fad in body piercing as dermal anchor piercings pick up speed in the States. The more you know and all that...
eastsidesunrise
eastsidesunrise

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://www.myspace.com/vanillaferret

Back to top Go down

Is That a Piercing? Empty Re: Is That a Piercing?

Post by ChrisJNelson Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:40 pm

I don't think I'll ever understand the whole piercing thing. I thought the goal of life was the avoid sharp objects going into the body.
ChrisJNelson
ChrisJNelson

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by morgannelee Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:00 pm

I was standing in line at Saxby's the other day and the girl in front of me had one of these on her back. It looked so pretty that I asked her about it, and I have to admit, after hearing the process you go through to get one, it seemed far less appealing. Maybe I'm just squeamish....
morgannelee
morgannelee

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by aatwell3 Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Wow....I've been toying with the idea of getting a piercing or a tattoo for a while now and I just don't think that is something that I would want to do. If I do get a piercing, I just want the pinch and to be done with it and the one in the diagram resembles a surgery than a piercing. Also, I would want the option of putting it in and taking it out if I choose to. I wouldn't be comfortable with a random piece of metal floating around in my body. Oh Well
aatwell3
aatwell3

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by missyrara Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:36 pm

I LOVE PIERCINGS! I've had 10 so far and I have 2 tattoos but I'm not as crazed about them as I am piercings. A girl came into my job about 2 or 3 months ago and had a piercing over one of her birthmarks on the upper jaw area. I have to admit I was so captivated. I am DEFINITELY getting one. They are amazingly beautiful and exotic...way more classy than getting some other areas pierced. I'm also feeling the corsette looking lace-up piercings as well (Sorry for the non-technical terminology ^_^ )

missyrara

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-09-08

Back to top Go down

Post by eastsidesunrise Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:32 pm

The thing about piercings and tattoos, is that if you've never thought about getting one, you probably won't ever understand why people get them. I have 6 tattoos and I've been pierced 65 times. I used to be scared to death of needles and now they're not a big deal.
I love my dermal so much, I can change the gem whenever I want to, and I don't ever have to worry about it falling out or rejecting. The whole thing about piercings is the end result...the enjoyment of it after it heals. Actually getting one sucks, but it's part of the process. Like getting hangovers if you want to get really drunk.
eastsidesunrise
eastsidesunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by dpotts3 Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:16 pm

wow it looks cool but how bad does it hurt and how easily does it get infected? It seems to be something I would have to do more research on before doing. cool post though
dpotts3
dpotts3

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by eastsidesunrise Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:10 pm

Mine hurt for two reasons:
1. Sternum piercings hurt whether they're surface or dermal anchors and
2. It was my friend's first time using a punch and she didn't go in deep enough and had to keep going.
But other than that, it's nothing unbearable and it's very quick pain. And so far it hasn't gotten infected but it does get irritated from time to time because of where it's located. My shirts rub it, and my sternum is my kitten's favorite place to lay lol
eastsidesunrise
eastsidesunrise

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum