Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT WAS LADY GAGA THINKING!?

2 posters

Go down

WHAT WAS LADY GAGA THINKING!? Empty WHAT WAS LADY GAGA THINKING!?

Post by dmanrique Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:41 pm

OK I AM OVER MTV AND THEIR VMA'S. I did not watch them but after seeing the Kanye VMA video I decided to do some in-depth youtube research because I love it that much Less Than Three ,. Anyhow, I ended up wathcing a HORRIFIC video of Lady Gaga performing "Paparazzi". This song disgust me because it shows the bad side of pop culture, paparazzi, money, fame etcetc, among many other meaningless things.... She had the nerve to touch a serious and touchy subject, such as suicide, because God forbid the paparazzi dont look at her... And her choice of wardrobe... might as well have been undressed....
anyways forgive me if I am being bitter, but I am very sick and have to pull and all nighter.
Gosh don't we love college?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuKryyWtjSs
dmanrique
dmanrique

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

WHAT WAS LADY GAGA THINKING!? Empty Re: WHAT WAS LADY GAGA THINKING!?

Post by christopher_riley Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:57 am

Why did it disgust you? Are the negative aspects of those parts of our culture just something you'd rather not think about? Because they still exist either way.

I find it interesting that you say you consider the parasitic nature of the institution of celebrity in mainstream culture -- just in terms of turning the events and details of people's lives into commodities, et cetera -- to be meaningless. Could you expound on that? I'd really like to know more about what more people think with regard to this issue.

I really didn't get the impression that suicide was implied by her performance; it seemed more like she was hemorrhaging, or something to that effect... in line with what seemed to be the theme of the song and performance, mirrored in the title of she and Kanye's upcoming tour: "Fame Kills."
christopher_riley
christopher_riley

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://myspace.com/youngsquireriley

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum