Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So um. People of Walmart?

5 posters

Go down

So um. People of Walmart? Empty So um. People of Walmart?

Post by Seagreen Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:59 pm

I stumbled upon a website that basically exists to make fun of people using images of Walmart consumers for their clothing style. The material is offensive at best and seems very invasive. I can not imagine how I would feel if I saw a picture of myself appear on this site.

Well here is the link, http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

I'm curious to know how you guys feel about it. Is it all in fun? Or does it cross the line to cruelty?

Seagreen

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

So um. People of Walmart? Empty Re: So um. People of Walmart?

Post by dmanrique Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 am

Its pretty hilarious I have to admit, and it varies from region to region. The worst part its that its all very true, I have witnessed it. On teh other hand it is pretty cruel since these people don't know any better or cannot afford any better. Its sad that our current culture entertains itself off of others...
dmanrique
dmanrique

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisJNelson Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:25 pm

That's pretty awesome! I've seen some pretty scary people in Wal-Mart myself..
ChrisJNelson
ChrisJNelson

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-09-03

http://www.phins-spotlight.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eastsidesunrise Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:22 am

Wow. I had no idea that a site like this existed. I find myself amused and sad for these people at the same time. I've seen tons of people like this too. Part of me feels that if you go out in pubic like this, you're kind of walking into getting made fun of. But that all goes back to what is socially accepted and what isn't.
eastsidesunrise
eastsidesunrise

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-08-25

http://www.myspace.com/vanillaferret

Back to top Go down

Post by jkdougan Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:32 am

Some of these pictures are reeeeally hilarious (the old guy wearing the Neapolitan half pink/half white suit or the gangster jacket guys), but I just felt bad for some of the other people whose pictures were posted on this website. Some of the People of Wal-Mart can't really afford anything better than what they're wearing and I think it's really sad that we're a society that finds humor in poverty. I reposted this link on my Facebook and got tons of replies! Several comments about this link on my Facebook were about how these People made them (my friends) feel better about themselves. This is also kind of sad, because we have to look down on others to feel better about our own self-images.
But I also think some of the People could probably afford to buy larger sizes at least!

jkdougan

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down