Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ScarJo the next J-Lo?

4 posters

Go down

ScarJo the next J-Lo? Empty ScarJo the next J-Lo?

Post by emily Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:46 am

Scarlett Johansson unveiled her debut album, “Anywhere I Lay My Head,” for journalists today (Feb. 12) at New York’s Joe’s Pub. As previously reported, the album includes 10 Tom Waits covers and one original (”Song for Jo”), and will be released May 20 via Atco/Rhino.

“Anywhere” was produced by TV On The Radio’s Dave Sitek, who told the crowd he was going for a “cough medicine/Tinker Bell” vibe, sound-wise. David Bowie, whom Johansson met a party just prior to beginning work on the album, lends his distinctive vocals to the tracks “Falling Down” and “Fannin’ Street,” while Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner and members of the band Celebration contribute throughout.

Johansson said she initially considered making an album of standards, but that the project slowly morphed into a Waits-dominated affair. “His melodies are so beautiful and his voice is so distinct,” she said.

The result, according to Johansson, has met with the notoriously persnickety Waits’ approval. “I sent him some of the early, early recordings, and he said, ‘Go ahead,’” she said. “I’ve heard he’s very pleased.”

While the majority of the album lives up to Sitek’s prior description, there are some up-tempo departures, particularly on “I Don’t Want To Grow Up,” which boasts drum machine beats straight out of a New Order song.

There are no plans for Johansson to perform live in support of the project, but she says she’d be intrigued by “getting everybody together,” perhaps at a festival, at some point in the future. “It would be a missed opportunity not to.”

Here is the track list for “Anywhere I Lay My Head”:

“Fawn”
“Town With No Cheer”
“Falling Down”
“Anywhere I Lay My Head”
“Fannin’ Street”
“Song for Jo”
“Green Grass”
“I Wish I Was in New Orleans”
“I Don’t Want To Grow Up”
“No One Knows I’m Gone”
“Who Are You?”

Source: Billboard
emily
emily

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Back to top Go down

ScarJo the next J-Lo? Empty Re: ScarJo the next J-Lo?

Post by J5cAi Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:53 pm

I don't understand the appeal of ScarJo and I really don't understand why David-fucking-Bowie would demean himself by working with her. It's not like he's hard up for money or anything. Why Ziggy why Glum

J5cAi

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliarn Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:08 pm

I had no idea this was even happening, and my initial thought was, crap another actor who thinks (s)he can be a singer. But then, perhaps I should listen to it first. Oh wait, that's not a requirement is it? *evil grin*
Juliarn
Juliarn
Admin

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Britneys_Lawyer Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:28 am

not for juno at least.
Britneys_Lawyer
Britneys_Lawyer

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Britneys_Lawyer Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:32 am

i think the attraction behind scarlet is pretty easy, she is fairly attractive, and she gets lots of attention from the press about her slight promiscuity. after all, if you are willing to hook up with benicio del toro, a man well over double your age, david bowie isnt too much of a stretch.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Benicio_Del_Toro_Hints_Scarlett_Johansson_Elevator_Romp_Took_Place/2436149

can't find a real credible source anymore of teh original story, but it did exist at some point.
Britneys_Lawyer
Britneys_Lawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:20 am

I personally like Scarlett Johannson a lot. Maybe that's because Lost In Translation is one of my favorite movies of all time. Or maybe Lost In Translation is one of my favorite movies of all time because I love Scarlett and Bill Murray?
emily
emily

Back to top Go down

Post by Britneys_Lawyer Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:42 pm

Well i think ScarJo raised her fan support ten fold with her red carpet kiss with Natalie Portman this week.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=515051&in_page_id=1773
Britneys_Lawyer
Britneys_Lawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by J5cAi Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:27 pm

I take back every bad thing I said.

J5cAi

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by emily Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:22 pm

Man, she is awesome.
emily
emily

Back to top Go down

Post by Britneys_Lawyer Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:06 am

yeah so overall, ScarJo is not the next J Lo, instead she is ten times her superior
Britneys_Lawyer
Britneys_Lawyer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum