Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hallmark commercial that I found distressing

5 posters

Go down

Hallmark commercial that I found distressing Empty Hallmark commercial that I found distressing

Post by smelanie Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:19 pm

The gist, as i saw it: Three little girls, maybe 10 years old, are sitting together at school lunch. It's Valentine's Day, and each of their parents has done something sweet to remind their kid that she's loved. One of the little girls pulls out an apple with heart-shaped stickers all over it. The other two girls respond faintly, shrugging that it's a nice gesture. The second girl pulls out her sandwich, which has been cut into a heartshape. Again, the peers confirm that, eh, that's nice. The third girl pulls out a Hallmark-brand Hannah Montana singing-and-talking greeting card. Wow! The other two girls excitedly confirm how cool it is! The kids at the surrounding lunch tables all turn around to notice this awesome Valentine gift! The girl who received the card is smitten, gazing at her gift that makes the efforts of the other girls' parents inadequate, obsolete,
smelanie
smelanie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Hallmark commercial that I found distressing Empty Re: Hallmark commercial that I found distressing

Post by englpopcul Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:23 pm

I think that Hannah Montana is so overated right now! There are H.M. products everywhere like shoes, hair products, and even candy. Valentine's Day should be about family and friends and for the commercial to dis a mothers gesture is not right; something that comes from the heart always means more than material objects.

englpopcul

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Hallmark commercial that I found distressing Empty Re: Hallmark commercial that I found distressing

Post by Juliarn Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:48 am

got to say I'm glad I missed that commercial.
Juliarn
Juliarn
Admin

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by cfulks1 Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:10 pm

I saw that commercial and was deeply disturbed myself.

cfulks1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by GAwes Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:42 am

Haha, I never watch TV so i seem to always miss out on commercial-references in conversations, but that just sounds beyond lame. At least we all know that Valentines day is a lost cause; not that i mind Valentines day at all, i just think its more of a commercial celebration than a Holiday, kinda like taking your kid to chuckie cheeses, the prizes suck, it costs a lot, and its all just a commercial scam, but everyone still has fun.

GAwes

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down