Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Love and the Economy

2 posters

Go down

Love and the Economy Empty Love and the Economy

Post by atravis1 Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:14 pm

............ AND SO, THE POOR DOG HAD NONE

Studies reveal that people are putting more time into dating during this economic crisis. Perhaps individuals have more time to invest in searching for a mate since many are not working at this time. But is this really a good time to look for a partner when your'e unemployed. I would be concerned that it would seem as though I were looking for someone to help me with my finances. Maybe society is recognizing whats more important to them at this moment or does this just give men more of an excuse to be cheap. Are those of us who have decided to step further into the dating game now just searching for someone to make us feel better about ourselves because of financial strain.

atravis1

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Love and the Economy Empty Re: Love and the Economy

Post by GAwes Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:36 am

"Are those of us who have decided to step further into the dating game now just searching for someone to make us feel better about ourselves because of financial strain."

I think this may be a part of it for some, but unless someone were to take a massive, MASSIVE poll and people for some reason answered honestly, it would be impossible to answer. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic, but somewhere in my overly positive mind I would like to think that many people are simply looking for someone to either

A) Take their mind off the tough times
B) Realizing that things might not get all the better, that the financial glory days are over and finding someone you love is more important.

Either way, having someone there for you is always helpful, and being broke and in love always seems easier to imagine than broke and alone

-Wes

GAwes

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down