Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad economy v/s politically incorrect films

5 posters

Go down

Bad economy v/s politically incorrect films Empty Bad economy v/s politically incorrect films

Post by atravis1 Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:40 pm

The economy has gotten so bad that while taken a walk through the park one day, I saw a pigeon feeding an old lady. Shocko Choco
David Letterman

Is it really fair for the media industry to promote such films as "confessions of a shopaholic" during a struggling economy.
Does society want to see the promotion of commodities heightened when hundreds of individuals have been down sized and have lost their homes.

atravis1

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Bad economy v/s politically incorrect films Empty Re: Bad economy v/s politically incorrect films

Post by smelanie Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:48 pm

I can only hope that an anti-materialist (or at least anti-exteme materialist) lesson would be thrown in to such a movie, but I just read a little synopsis and it doesn't sound like there is. If anyone sees it, please tell us about it!
smelanie
smelanie

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Bad economy v/s politically incorrect films Empty Re: Bad economy v/s politically incorrect films

Post by Peter Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:58 am

Honestly, I don't think it matters whether or not it's "fair" because it probably doesn't matter to the media anyways. Whether or not it's smart is another question. Maybe the movie will bomb cause no one wants to be reminded that they can't afford to live the lifestyle portrayed in the movie anymore. Maybe it is a kick in the teeth to promote a movie like this now, but maybe American society needs a kick in the teeth. There are some people who live a life of excess when they honestly can't afford it.

Oh, and my guess is that the chick in the movie learns a lesson about how love and human relationships are more important than shiny shoes and a brand new purse.

Peter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by englpopcul Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:03 pm

I think that this movie is not going to be a big deal. People will say that it is not fair to put it out there because nobody can really afford to purchase their wants only neccessities but who is really going to see it is my question. It will not be a success.

englpopcul

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliarn Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:49 pm

I know not of this movie. *runs to google it*
Juliarn
Juliarn
Admin

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down