Presented in Glorious EXTRA-COLOR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trends that have come and gone and come back again?!

4 posters

Go down

Trends that have come and gone and come back again?! Empty Trends that have come and gone and come back again?!

Post by samanthaschaitberger Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:30 pm

After our glasses discussion, I was thinking of all of the trends that have come and gone and circled back again. In the 50's and 60's, wearing glasses was cool with the Beatnik culture (a culture I actually love). Now it seems with the "hipster" culture (if you can call it that...) is all about wearing glasses to seperate themselves and seem "unique" even when they don't need glasses. Aka all of the non-perscription glasses being sold at Urban Outfitters (I can't bash that store because I have clothes from there but one can come to some conclusion about the "type" of people that generally shop there... as stereotypical as it may be). It's just like the whole bell bottoms trend in the 70s and again in the 90s. Or the neon colors of the 80's that can be seen at malls all over today. Or the high waisted trend being seen right now. What other trends have you guys noticed that have come back into style? What trends do you wish NEVER came back into style? I really wish neon or gold lamé (that shiny stuff) never came back into style. It's overwhelming. Also plaid has seemed like the thing to wear lately! I have a lot of plaid but it's starting to overwhelm me as well. I think no matter what your "style" is, as long as you're comfortable and happy with what you're wearing, then everything is fine. I like walking around GSU seeing all of the interesting styles that people have (whether or not they're my taste isn't the point)... The cool thing about this country is we have the choice to wear whatever we want, wherever we want (unless it's OBVIOUSLY offensive/racist/whatver). I just think it's interesting how trends die down and then come back. We talked about this with the vampire trend too! But I think clothes are a more obvious example. Just wondering any other trends people have noticed coming into style/dying out/coming back! It just seems like fashion doesn't necessarily evolve anymore... it just takes other generations and tweaks them?!
samanthaschaitberger
samanthaschaitberger

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-09-08

http://www.myspace.com/feellikefame

Back to top Go down

Trends that have come and gone and come back again?! Empty Re: Trends that have come and gone and come back again?!

Post by Viewtiful_Lee Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:00 pm

old tv shows into movies is a great example of this; gi joe, transformers.
as far as gsu having all the different styles, my first semester here i was put into a dorm with a half asian half white guy, a nicaraguan guy, a black dude, and me the white guy and we got along great. it was real interesting how we all meshed and would probably make a decent sitcom.
Viewtiful_Lee
Viewtiful_Lee

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Back to top Go down

Trends that have come and gone and come back again?! Empty Re: Trends that have come and gone and come back again?!

Post by aatwell3 Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Where should I begin....high top fade. That should have been left in the 90's with Will Smith.

Anyway, I think it's safe to say that a good number of trends have been recycled from years and decades past and that can go past clothing. For instance, the Stanky Leg. If you don't know what that is, Youtube it. After you see that dance, look up Prince's Raspberry Beret video and pay attention to the beginning. The same dance. The cha-cha slide and the Cupid Shuffle are the slow man's versions of the Electric Slide.
aatwell3
aatwell3

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Bell Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:56 am

The whole skinny jeans trend, addidas jumpsuits, and bright colors that scream 80's are def. in full effect. Like my mom always says, "There's nothing new under the sun" therefore, just when you thought you've done something really out of the box...don't get to excited...out of all the trillions of perople who have walked this earth, you are probably not the first to do it. Sorry for shattering anyone's creativity. Generic Smile

Ashley Bell

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down